Blog Archive

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 14 - Stranded in Greybull - Day 3

I'm starting off with Larry's Daily Update, which was made in the morning
as we were breaking camp preparing to head home.




Unfortunately, we learned later that morning that the part was not on the plane when the mechanic drove to Cody WY to pick it up.  The part warehouse in Chicago was closed on Saturday and the mechanic didn't have a tracking number for the shipment, so it looks like we are stuck in Greybull until Monday!  We did a lot of the same, and I took a couple of photos of interest.


Our favorite escape for a rootbeer float & fries - A&W. 


Down the road a few blocks was an old-style motel that had a unique drawing card, an outdoor museum!  Yep, that is what the owner called it.  He displayed an interesting collection of Americana that he found at estate sales, store closings, and who-knows-where.  Also, his valuable items were all for sale, if you wanted to start your own museum.  I have to admit, I did find a branding iron with a "Q" on it....that was very tempting, but I kept hearing my wife's voice says "You bought that for what purpose???" 

No comments:

Post a Comment